Tuesday 17 December 2013

So back for Christmas! Coming home to a flat landscape is very strange, but living in Derbyshire means its not far away at all! Having been reunited with my car as well, I took a trip out to the peak district (not a patch on the lakes I know), but its still pretty awesome up there. The Roaches was my first port of call, but with the weather being 100% piss, there was not a great deal of climbing done other than a few small boulders and an abseil.

Being back on gritstone is a godsend! There is something about the rock up in the lakes that I cant seem to get on with; with grit you just seem to stick to it and its so much more reassuring. The main aim for the holiday period is squaring away my first E grade. My sights are set on elder crack at curba, but my main project is flying buttress direct at stanage. This route has a huge overhang with limited protection but once the crux move is done it turns into a great climb. Hopefully if I do it I shall upload some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment